img2track knitting machine software beta test

  • Davi Post
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 10:14 PM
      Hello --

      Two days ago I released the first beta test version of a Python program I call img2track. It reads a graphic image, and writes pattern data to files that can be loaded into a Brother KH-930 with Steve Conklin's floppy disc emulator. It improves on the previous hack, eliminating a few steps and adding several features.

      I heard about Steve's hack from a knitter who was looking for help with it, and got involved because it's an interesting project, I like working in Python, and I had enough hardware experience.

      After studying Steve's data file documentation and running more experiments, I was able to decipher the meaning of a few more of the memory locations. Setting these appropriately made it possible to construct a file that the KM would accept directly.

      There's plenty more work to do before this will be easy for knitters to use. I'm releasing this for testing, to get feedback, and to let you know of our progress.

      Please give it a try and let us know what you think!

      Thanks,

      --Davi Post