Re: [kminternals] Re: OK for me to push some new discussion here?

  • Becky Stern
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 26, 2012
      Steve wrote:

      "The problem that was discussed on ravelry and in other places was a simple bug in the disk emulator, which only happened on the KH-940 machine. It's already fixed in the repository - I just wish I had heard about it sooner. Months went by before anyone emailed me directly about it."

      https://github.com/adafruit/knitting_machine

      Cheers,

      Becky

      On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Zack Santoro <zackds@...> wrote:

      Does this mean the hack will work on the 940 as well?  I had been planning to try & make the cable and follow the steps on the ada site, but then someone had said the hack worked only for the 930 machine.  True, not true?  Is there hope I could get it working on my (940) machine?

      From: kminternals@yahoogroups.com [mailto:kminternals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ysconklin

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 30, 2012
        The serial adapter should work on any knitting machine which worked with the FB100 external floppy drive. The recommended way to put that together is here:
        http://www.antitronics.com/wiki/index.php?title=Electroknit_Serial_Connections

        The software is a different story.

        PDDemulate should also work with any knitting machine which used the FB100. If it doesn't save and restore patterns, then I'd like to know and I'll try to fix the emulator.

        BUT: The software to change patterns in the knitting machine data only works with the KH930, as far as I know. The internal arrangement of the patterns and other data within the disk drive sectors is different for different models of machine, and only the KH930 has been figured out to any extent.

        Steve

        From: kminternals@yahoogroups.com [mailto:kminternals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ysconklin