Aw: [kminternals] KH910 Electronics Faulty

  • ILIA KADASHEVICH
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26 2:43 AM

      Hi Carol, i guess this is a typical case of the old capacitors.
      Usually the 0.047uF capacitor is burned.

      please see the pictures here:
      https://picasaweb.google.com/118181439150165377373/ElectronicBrotherRepair#

      to get access you have to remove right part of machine: remove the plastic needs and 2 screws connecting knitting plate
      and 2 screws holding power outlet to get access to power board.

      Good luck,
      Ilja

      PS if i'm right this repair takes 10-20 minutes and a neu capacitor is about £0.58
      http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/paper/0210487/

      I'm pretty sure your husband will be able to do this for you :)
      Gesendet: Montag, 26. März 2012 um 11:22 Uhr
      Von: Carol_Claxton <carol_claxton@...>
      An: kminternals@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: [kminternals] KH910 Electronics Faulty
      Hello I am new to this group. Could anybody help me with a service manual or wiring diagram for a Brother KH910 and a 950I. My Machines have been in the loft for a few years, but I now have more time and would like to use them again, But sadly the other day when I set them up and then turnned them on a noise and puff of smoke came from under the needles on the right hand side of the machine, just near the end that the mains lead plugs in.

      I am hoping that it could be just a simple component that has gone which could be bought locally, my husband is a ex tv enginer. I did make enqiries with a shop and they said it would cost £45 to repair, but it would cost me more to send them to them for repair, they are at the other end of the country.

      So I thought that if I had some more details of what it could be I could ask my Husband to repair them for me.

      Waiting with fingers crossed, I so enjoyed using my machines before.

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      kminternals-digest@yahoogroups.com
      kminternals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Ihr WEB.DE Postfach immer dabei: die kostenlose WEB.DE Mail App für iPhone und Android.
      https://produkte.web.de/freemail_mobile_startseite/
    • Ruth
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11 12:44 AM
        Ilia,

        Just wanted to say a thank you for this post - it has saved me hours of worry and searching... I have two rescued KH910's and the first went into use last night and promptly blew the capacitor after knitting thirty rows. Because of your posting I have been able to effect a repair almost immediately.... thank you!

        Ruth
      • ILIA KADASHEVICH
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11 4:56 AM
          Hi Ruth!
          i'm happy to hear that the post hepled you :))) nice knitting! Best wishes, Ilja

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 11 5:40 AM
            I was told that by a knitting shop owner of over 30 years, that the 910 was really flaky when it first came out. The first generation boards were known to malfunction, quite often. And since there was no way to tell (or at least easily) which board a 910 has in it, he quit reselling them. This is just a fyi, as at this point, I'm not ready to delve into my electronic machine and open it up.

            rosy