Re: [kminternals] Re: Brother Electronic knitter

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2004
      On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 11:19, mikezcnc wrote:
      > "for "follow along" type knitting I think you need to use the
      > optical interface. But for sending/receiving patterns you use the
      > serial interface"
      What do you mean by saying 'follow along type knitting'?

      Not completely sure since I haven't tried it, but there's an optical
      cable that comes with Bitknitter, and connects between it and km, that I
      think is supposed to allow some kind of interactive knitting/feedback so
      the pattern on the computer screen scrolls along with what you are
      knitting.

      > And yes, I found out they are using a serial interface or a USB.
      >
      > as far as patents, they expire after what? 15 years, so I am sure
      > they are all history.

      Yeah I'm not too worried about it. As a software developer it is never
      advisable to attempt doing one's own patent research anyway since
      willful violation of a patent opens the possibility of triple damages.

      > There is a PDA yahoo group for knitting, I asked for an access but
      > dwasn't waved in yet. What is that group about?

      What's the name of the group? Haven't seen it.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2004
        What is a Bitknitter?

        The name of that group is KnitPUG so far they dod not wave me in.

        Mike

        --- In kminternals@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger@p...>