Progress on Brother file format

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2009
      I have made very good progress on the brother knitting machine file format. There is a link to the information from this page:

      http://www.antitronics.com/wiki/index.php?title=Electroknit_Technical_Information

      I have also started a python class to interface with these files. That class is read only at this point, but I am also playing with an application to program custom patterns, and that will require adding writing capabilities. Links to that software are also on the above page.

      I am posting these now because I am coming up on a period of a few weeks when I may not be able to make much progress on this, and I wanted to go ahead and get it out there.

      Enjoy!
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2009
        On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Steve Conklin<steve@...> wrote:
        > I have made very good progress on the brother knitting machine file format. There is a link to the information from this page:
        >
        > http://www.antitronics.com/wiki/index.php?title=Electroknit_Technical_Information

        Great stuff Steve. Thanks for the credit you made to me in the
        documentation, though it definitely looks like you've gone way beyond
        anything I got into.

        Later,

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2009
          On 07/28/2009 06:20 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

          > On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Steve Conklin<steve@...
          > <mailto:steve%40conklinhouse.com>> wrote:
          >> I have made very good progress on the brother knitting machine file
          > format. There is a link to the information from this page:
          >>

          > http://www.antitronics.com/wiki/index.php?title=Electroknit_Technical_Information
          > <http://www.antitronics.com/wiki/index.php?title=Electroknit_Technical_Information>
          >
          > Great stuff Steve. Thanks for the credit you made to me in the
          > documentation, though it definitely looks like you've gone way beyond
          > anything I got into.

          Open source means standing on other people's shoulders, you're welcome.

          I realized today that I had left out the bit mask definitions for which
          variations are selected - so there's a slight modified new version of the
          document on the wiki. It's the same byte in which the M switch status is
          kept.