Re: cables

  • i4getmyid
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 20, 2008
      I've had the site bookmarked for a long time. I know that eventually, I
      will get not only one cable, but two. I own a brother and a passap.

      It's still interesting to figure out what is going on inside the
      machines & programs.

      I'm amazed that it took so long to make usb cables available to the
      public. For YEARS, we have been holding on to old laptops, so we could
      use the old cables. Usb converters gave unreliable results.

      We are not a large part of the computer market, but we deserved better.

      Paying for upgrades, new hardware is part of the game. But, paying for
      upgrading to OLD tech is puzzling to me. New tech for Dak would be, to
      me, wireless, not usb.
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 20, 2008

        The cables now support the Stitch Painter format along with .pat, .bpt, .cst, cut, pcx, stc, sbr, and PC10 .dat files.  The cable/software will automatically convert them to Bother format and you can then extract them as .pat files for use with DAK.

        Regards,

        Sandy

        DesignaKnit USB cables & Cartridges

        Be sure to check out the BL7USB Cable for the Brother Disk Drive

        http://home.comcast.net/~kidoodles/

        I've had the site bookmarked for a long time. I know that eventually, I
        will get not only one cable, but two. I own a brother and a passap.

        It's still interesting to figure out what is going on inside the
        machines & programs.

        I'm amazed that it took so long to make usb cables available to the
        public. For YEARS, we have been holding on to old laptops, so we could
        use the old cables. Usb converters gave unreliable results.

        We are not a large part of the computer market, but we deserved better.

        Paying for upgrades, new hardware is part of the game. But, paying for
        upgrading to OLD tech is puzzling to me. New tech for Dak would be, to
        me, wireless, not usb.

         MSGTAG has notified the sender that this message has been read.
      • i4getmyid
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 21, 2008
          I thought that Stitch Painter exported to dak, s90, and creation 6
          already?

          So, if a person owns just stitch painter, all they need is the cable to
          send their design to the machine?
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 21, 2008

            Yes, check out the slideshows at:

            http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/fb100read/fb100read.htm

            http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/fb100write/fb100write.htm

            http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/addstc/addstc.htm

            http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/addpat/addpat.htm

            Regards,

            Ed

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 23, 2008

              If I have a BL5USB cable, then, does it convert formats?