cables

    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008

      We have the cable info on our site if you have any questions.

      Regards,

      Ed

      DesignaKnit USB cables & Cartridges

      Be sure to check out the BL7USB Cable for the Brother Disk Drive

      http://home.comcast.net/~kidoodles/

      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 20, 2008
        I've had the site bookmarked for a long time. I know that eventually, I
        will get not only one cable, but two. I own a brother and a passap.

        It's still interesting to figure out what is going on inside the
        machines & programs.

        I'm amazed that it took so long to make usb cables available to the
        public. For YEARS, we have been holding on to old laptops, so we could
        use the old cables. Usb converters gave unreliable results.

        We are not a large part of the computer market, but we deserved better.

        Paying for upgrades, new hardware is part of the game. But, paying for
        upgrading to OLD tech is puzzling to me. New tech for Dak would be, to
        me, wireless, not usb.
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 20, 2008

          The cables now support the Stitch Painter format along with .pat, .bpt, .cst, cut, pcx, stc, sbr, and PC10 .dat files.  The cable/software will automatically convert them to Bother format and you can then extract them as .pat files for use with DAK.

          Regards,

          Sandy

          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 21, 2008
            I thought that Stitch Painter exported to dak, s90, and creation 6
            already?

            So, if a person owns just stitch painter, all they need is the cable to
            send their design to the machine?
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 21, 2008

              Yes, check out the slideshows at:

              http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/fb100read/fb100read.htm

              http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/fb100write/fb100write.htm

              http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/addstc/addstc.htm

              http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/addpat/addpat.htm

              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 23, 2008

                If I have a BL5USB cable, then, does it convert formats?