Re: [kminternals] Re: New to List

    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
      On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:06 AM, i4getmyid <i4getmyid@...> wrote:
      > Is this what you mean?
      > http://www.knitandsew.demon.nl/dk/fb100emu-en.htm

      Yep! I just conversed a bit with the author about it. Seems like good stuff.

      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008

        We have the cable info on our site if you have any questions.

        Regards,

        Ed

        DesignaKnit USB cables & Cartridges

        Be sure to check out the BL7USB Cable for the Brother Disk Drive

        http://home.comcast.net/~kidoodles/

        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 20, 2008
          I've had the site bookmarked for a long time. I know that eventually, I
          will get not only one cable, but two. I own a brother and a passap.

          It's still interesting to figure out what is going on inside the
          machines & programs.

          I'm amazed that it took so long to make usb cables available to the
          public. For YEARS, we have been holding on to old laptops, so we could
          use the old cables. Usb converters gave unreliable results.

          We are not a large part of the computer market, but we deserved better.

          Paying for upgrades, new hardware is part of the game. But, paying for
          upgrading to OLD tech is puzzling to me. New tech for Dak would be, to
          me, wireless, not usb.
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 20, 2008

            The cables now support the Stitch Painter format along with .pat, .bpt, .cst, cut, pcx, stc, sbr, and PC10 .dat files.  The cable/software will automatically convert them to Bother format and you can then extract them as .pat files for use with DAK.

            Regards,

            Sandy

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 21, 2008
              I thought that Stitch Painter exported to dak, s90, and creation 6
              already?

              So, if a person owns just stitch painter, all they need is the cable to
              send their design to the machine?
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 21, 2008

                Yes, check out the slideshows at:

                http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/fb100read/fb100read.htm

                http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/fb100write/fb100write.htm

                http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/addstc/addstc.htm

                http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/addpat/addpat.htm

                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 23, 2008

                  If I have a BL5USB cable, then, does it convert formats?