Re: New to List

  • i4getmyid
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
      Just adding to the previous post....
      In message Message #8 of 138 , someone mentioned taking apart the
      bitknitter to see if we could do the same, that is, interface with the
      computer & machine without DAK.

      Has anyone examined the way the Passap people are doing it?
      They had Creation 6 in the beginning, which only ran on Dos...guess
      what they can't use anymore?

      Then came Wincrea, which was a shareware windows version of Creation 6,
      and used the same cable as C6.
      http://www.offthestreet.net/.....to download a shareware version of the
      program

      Another program is coming out for the passap, called, "Journal Six"
      http://passappal.com/
      You can get a demo of it there.
      This person earlier wrote a program on how to send information over to
      the machine, and has now included it in her new program.

      http://knitting.bikibird.com/CardReaderTechniques/Download/crt.html
      If anyone can help with getting the brother to communicate, it will be
      her! I don't know if she's been approached about our concerns.

      AT
      http://passappal.com/
      download the manual.
      She gives information on how to build a cable for interfacing.
      I know it's another set up, but if it can be done with one machine, it
      can be done on others.

      Diane
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
        On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:06 AM, i4getmyid <i4getmyid@...> wrote:
        > Is this what you mean?
        > http://www.knitandsew.demon.nl/dk/fb100emu-en.htm

        Yep! I just conversed a bit with the author about it. Seems like good stuff.

        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008

          We have the cable info on our site if you have any questions.

          Regards,

          Ed

          DesignaKnit USB cables & Cartridges

          Be sure to check out the BL7USB Cable for the Brother Disk Drive

          http://home.comcast.net/~kidoodles/

          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 20, 2008
            I've had the site bookmarked for a long time. I know that eventually, I
            will get not only one cable, but two. I own a brother and a passap.

            It's still interesting to figure out what is going on inside the
            machines & programs.

            I'm amazed that it took so long to make usb cables available to the
            public. For YEARS, we have been holding on to old laptops, so we could
            use the old cables. Usb converters gave unreliable results.

            We are not a large part of the computer market, but we deserved better.

            Paying for upgrades, new hardware is part of the game. But, paying for
            upgrading to OLD tech is puzzling to me. New tech for Dak would be, to
            me, wireless, not usb.
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 20, 2008

              The cables now support the Stitch Painter format along with .pat, .bpt, .cst, cut, pcx, stc, sbr, and PC10 .dat files.  The cable/software will automatically convert them to Bother format and you can then extract them as .pat files for use with DAK.

              Regards,

              Sandy

              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 21, 2008
                I thought that Stitch Painter exported to dak, s90, and creation 6
                already?

                So, if a person owns just stitch painter, all they need is the cable to
                send their design to the machine?
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 21, 2008

                  Yes, check out the slideshows at:

                  http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/fb100read/fb100read.htm

                  http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/fb100write/fb100write.htm

                  http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/addstc/addstc.htm

                  http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/addpat/addpat.htm

                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 23, 2008

                    If I have a BL5USB cable, then, does it convert formats?