Re: [kminternals] Re: New to List

    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 5, 2008
      On Feb 5, 2008 10:55 AM, mapmsmith2 <mapmsmith2@...> wrote:

      > Another question has anyone figure out a way of writing a pattern on
      > a PC and writing in as a floppy disk to be able to import into the
      > brother knitting machines?
      > thanks Alice

      Well, I've accessed sectors before, when I was working on deciphering
      the pattern format.

      But the work to decipher the pattern format itself is unknown at least
      outside of proprietary software vendors.

      You could make a backup/restore facility without knowing the pattern
      format, though. Reading/writing sectors is covered completely in the
      pdf.

      -- John.
    • i4getmyid
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
        Is this what you mean?
        http://www.knitandsew.demon.nl/dk/fb100emu-en.htm

        They do excellent work. They made an emulator program that allowed me
        to bypass my dongle for the brother embroidery program.That was in the
        early years, when most people didn't see that the embroidery world
        going to dongles.

        Diane
      • i4getmyid
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
          Just adding to the previous post....
          In message Message #8 of 138 , someone mentioned taking apart the
          bitknitter to see if we could do the same, that is, interface with the
          computer & machine without DAK.

          Has anyone examined the way the Passap people are doing it?
          They had Creation 6 in the beginning, which only ran on Dos...guess
          what they can't use anymore?

          Then came Wincrea, which was a shareware windows version of Creation 6,
          and used the same cable as C6.
          http://www.offthestreet.net/.....to download a shareware version of the
          program

          Another program is coming out for the passap, called, "Journal Six"
          http://passappal.com/
          You can get a demo of it there.
          This person earlier wrote a program on how to send information over to
          the machine, and has now included it in her new program.

          http://knitting.bikibird.com/CardReaderTechniques/Download/crt.html
          If anyone can help with getting the brother to communicate, it will be
          her! I don't know if she's been approached about our concerns.

          AT
          http://passappal.com/
          download the manual.
          She gives information on how to build a cable for interfacing.
          I know it's another set up, but if it can be done with one machine, it
          can be done on others.

          Diane
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
            On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:06 AM, i4getmyid <i4getmyid@...> wrote:
            > Is this what you mean?
            > http://www.knitandsew.demon.nl/dk/fb100emu-en.htm

            Yep! I just conversed a bit with the author about it. Seems like good stuff.

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008

              We have the cable info on our site if you have any questions.

              Regards,

              Ed

              DesignaKnit USB cables & Cartridges

              Be sure to check out the BL7USB Cable for the Brother Disk Drive

              http://home.comcast.net/~kidoodles/

              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 20, 2008
                I've had the site bookmarked for a long time. I know that eventually, I
                will get not only one cable, but two. I own a brother and a passap.

                It's still interesting to figure out what is going on inside the
                machines & programs.

                I'm amazed that it took so long to make usb cables available to the
                public. For YEARS, we have been holding on to old laptops, so we could
                use the old cables. Usb converters gave unreliable results.

                We are not a large part of the computer market, but we deserved better.

                Paying for upgrades, new hardware is part of the game. But, paying for
                upgrading to OLD tech is puzzling to me. New tech for Dak would be, to
                me, wireless, not usb.
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 20, 2008

                  The cables now support the Stitch Painter format along with .pat, .bpt, .cst, cut, pcx, stc, sbr, and PC10 .dat files.  The cable/software will automatically convert them to Bother format and you can then extract them as .pat files for use with DAK.

                  Regards,

                  Sandy

                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 21, 2008
                    I thought that Stitch Painter exported to dak, s90, and creation 6
                    already?

                    So, if a person owns just stitch painter, all they need is the cable to
                    send their design to the machine?
                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 21, 2008

                      Yes, check out the slideshows at:

                      http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/fb100read/fb100read.htm

                      http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/fb100write/fb100write.htm

                      http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/addstc/addstc.htm

                      http://www.pes2card.com/download/usblinks/show/addpat/addpat.htm

                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 23, 2008

                        If I have a BL5USB cable, then, does it convert formats?