New file uploaded to kminternals

  • kminternals@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2004
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
      group.

      File : /tpdd.txt
      Uploaded by : jhogerhuis <jhoger@...>
      Description : A description of a design for serial port to fdd cable - not tested by me

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      jhogerhuis <jhoger@...>
    • kminternals@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2004
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
        group.

        File : /Data and Analysis/progress_report.xls
        Uploaded by : jhogerhuis <jhoger@...>
        Description : Progress report - what work is left to do in understanding the Brother 930 pattern format

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
          group.

          File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
          Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>
          Description : A software to communicate between PC and PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
            On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > Hello,

            > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
            > group.
            >
            > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
            > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>
            > Description : A software to communicate between PC and PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A
            >
            > You can access this file at the URL:

            > Regards,
            >
            > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>

            Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was written
            by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80 Model
            100 laptops.

            It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor to the
            TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically identical
            to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
            different than the TPDD-1.

            Have you been able to try this software yet?

            You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though on
            the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can at
            least use it for inspiration.

            Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

            -- John.
          • hollimaus
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 9, 2005
              --- In kminternals@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Hogerhuis"
              <jhoger@p...> wrote:
              > On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com
              wrote:

              > > Hello,

              > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
              > > group.
              > >
              > > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
              > > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
              > > Description : A software to communicate between PC and
              PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A

              > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > >
              > > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
              > >

              > Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was
              written
              > by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80
              Model
              > 100 laptops.
              >
              > It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor
              to the
              > TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically
              identical
              > to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
              > different than the TPDD-1.
              >
              > Have you been able to try this software yet?
              >
              > You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though
              on
              > the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can
              at
              > least use it for inspiration.
              >

              > Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

              In internet I've found this side:

              http://www.geocities.com/KindlyRat/GWBASIC.html

              where you can download a gwbasic-Version, then I hope the program
              must be run. I have modified the SECTOR2.BAS-Software for my
              PowerBasic-Version. It was not easy to do that, but now, sector2.bas
              will work for about 80% with my FB100.

              Greetings Holger