88Re: [kminternals] Softwareprotocol KH930 to/from FB100

    Feb 9, 2005
      --- hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...> wrote:

      > Hi John,
      >
      > do you exactly know the
      > software-handshaking-protocol between the KM
      > an the fb100?

      Yes, there is a PDF in the Files section that covers
      the protocol.

      > I have connected my KM with the fb100. With this/my
      > 'handmade'-cable
      > I have also the posibility to read (monitor) the
      > transmit and
      > receive data.
      >
      > If I start the code 550 on KM (format) the following
      > Hex-Code will
      > be send to the FB100:
      >
      > 5A 5A 08 00 F7 0D 46 35 0D

      That's two commands. The first is a File-Mode escape
      to get into FDC-Emulation mode. The next 4 bytes is
      the first FDC-Emulation mode command.

      > Then the FB100 will send the following code back as
      > a response to
      > the KM:
      >
      > 43 31 30 30 30 30 30 30
      >
      > At the end of the formatting the FB100 will send:
      >
      > 30 30 34 46 30 34 30 30
      >
      > If I compare these codes with the 'normal' codes for
      > the fb100/pdd1,
      > I couldn't find them. So I was searching in the
      > internet for a
      > service manual for the diskdrive. I've found it :-)

      If it's different from what I uploaded, please add it
      to the file section.

      > In this book is written, that this code is called
      > FDC-Emulation?!

      Yes. The KM's talk to the disk drive in FDC-Emulation
      mode exclusively. The file-mode is only used on
      certain Tandy and TRS-80 laptops.

      > A posibility to write directly the data in the
      > sectors of the disk.
      > I think this is difficult and dangerous!?.

      Neither difficult nor dangerous. It's just the way it
      works. I have some GForth code that does it but I want
      to rewrite it in C.

      > But if I will connect the KM directly to my pc, I
      > must know and
      > practice this protocol. Are my reflections correct?

      Yes.

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic