334Re: [kminternals] Question about expanding the group's scope?

    Apr 17, 2014

      On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Steve Conklin <steve@...> wrote:

      Hi All!

      There are a lot of projects under way related to knitting machines, which don't necessarily use the original Brother interfaces or the code that has generally been discussed here. It's an exciting time, and I think some great things will come out of these projects.

      For example, there's Knitic, which is a replacement electronics board for Brother machines, which allows programming from a computer. There's also a project called AYAB (All Yarns are Beautiful).

      Both of these are open hardware/software projects.

      I was asked whether there was a mailing list suitable for discussion about these projects or whether a new one should be established. This list is the closest thing I know to one that might be suitable, but I didn't want to suggest that everyone pile in here until I asked whether people here thought it was a good idea. Personally, I'd rather gather as many knitting machine hackers in one place as we can, so there's a good flow of information.

      Steve Conklin

      As long as it's hacking projects, software or hardware it is fine with me to expand the scope.