      I'm not an expert in all the details but . . .

      The KH270 did not have the disk driver interface that is used with most of the interface software, including my emulator and img2track. It had a cartridge interface, but to my knowledge no one has worked on connecting to it.

      The brother machines with internal computers (including the 270) are all very similar internally, and it should be possible to take one apart and use the Knitic control board in one, but this is still experimental and really only a project for someone who is comfortable with electronics and taking things apart. I'm also not sure how well developed the software is for the Knitic.

      On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM, Natalia Fedner <nataliafedner@...> wrote:

      Thank you - I did stumble upon this in my google search and it's great to see it works and has recommendations.

      Anyone successfully used this on a KH270?

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

      From: itmakesyousmile . <itmakesyousmile@...>;
      To: Mung Lar Lam <ml@...>;
      Cc: <kminternals@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: Re: [kminternals] Anyone still active? In LA?
      Sent: Tue, Apr 1, 2014 9:42:30 PM

      Thanks Mung Lar,

      I strongly encourage anyone interested in the Ladyada/Stern type hack for the Brother machines to consider img2track. It is much simpler to use and much more powerful. Davi, the developer, has added a lot of new capability and we hope to release a much improved version commercially very soon.

      Do check out my work on Ravelry, or google img2track for other users' work.

      On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Mung Lar Lam <ml@...> wrote:

      I worked on this a while ago and posted something on my blog...

      The software is extremely glitchy and I have not had the time to revisit and fiddle with it.  I uploaded an amendment to the instructions that is more detailed.  I was recently contacted by Tanya with a simpler software called img2track.  I haven't had time to get it working yet.  You can see her work here and contact her directly...I've copied her on this email.

      Mung Lar
      San Francisco

      On Apr 1, 2014, at 1:50 PM, <rita27612@...> <rita27612@...> wrote:

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic