31Re: DAK charm

    Nov 29, 2004
      Margaret,

      I stopped breathing when I saw the art you created, because art it is.
      Breathtaking.

      Did you use some illusion in it, too? I cannot tell because the
      pattern is very dynamic. Yes, you guessed me right, I actually
      haven't seen any knitting, never seen a machine before if only
      briefly.

      Thank you for encouragement.

      Can you tell me how long did it take you to:

      modify the pattern in DAK?
      make each arm?
      make front?
      make back?
      assemble all together
      total amount of time?

      I want to have a modern version of PPD and FB100 substituted by a PC.
      Let's say, I can buy a design from you that way I could use my PC to
      download it to a knitting machine, assuming no modificatins are
      neccessary (I can see a big business for people modifying patterns on
      DAK for others and it tells me that DAK could have a version of their
      program just for that purpose).

      Mike

      -- In kminternals@yahoogroups.com, "margaretbheck" <mheck@m...> wrote:

      > Hi Mike,
      > Thought you might like to see an example of what you can do with a
      > knitting machine and DAK. I just uploaded a file to our PHOTOS
      area,
      > called example. I bought the sweater pattern from Dale of Norway,
      > scanned the charts and saved them to my computer, entered them in
      DAK,
      > changed the colors to the ones my husband liked, downloaded the
      pieces
      > to my Brother 970, knit each piece, sewed together by hand and
      > presented to husband. Don't mean to brag....well, maybe I do....
      but