30DAK charm

  • margaretbheck
    Nov 29, 2004
      Hi Mike,
      Thought you might like to see an example of what you can do with a
      knitting machine and DAK. I just uploaded a file to our PHOTOS area,
      called example. I bought the sweater pattern from Dale of Norway,
      scanned the charts and saved them to my computer, entered them in DAK,
      changed the colors to the ones my husband liked, downloaded the pieces
      to my Brother 970, knit each piece, sewed together by hand and
      presented to husband. Don't mean to brag....well, maybe I do.... but
      this beautiful, intricate design took me about 1/50 of the time to
      make on the machine as it would by hand. (Yup, I've done that too.)
      Each piece took me about an hour because of the color changes.
      Otherwise it would have gone faster.

      I agree that it would be good to learn your machine first, but if you
      are motivated, you can learn fast and eventually produce wonderful
      garments. There are some other gentlemen on the yahoo machine
      knitting lists--great to have you!

      Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE DAK, but sounds like you might be
      able to create a program too. Nifty to have both programming and
      knitting skills. Once you do get knitting, these lists are great at
      helping you get over bumps in the road.