286Re: [kminternals] Giving a new brain to KH brother knitting machine

  • Mar Canet
    Mar 27, 2013
      Hi Steve,

      We happy you like it. You did a incredible job with python emulation for passing patterns to brothers machines. We are more than happy to talk and see in which area do you think would like to help.

      Now the working version it is with Arduino-due, but maybe we could fixed to work mega or normal Arduino. We started with leonardo and mega but we had some speed problems during development and we changed to due. But maybe ones we have working 100% in due could look again if something can be improve for get speed working in Arduino 16hz (mega and Leonardo and older). Leonardo style Arduino will need use of shift registers and this adds a extra time consumption in the process cycle.

      We have several versions of board layouts made with Frizing (http://fritzing.org/). And also we working in modeling for 3D print the plastic in the area of knitting brain to fit new Arduino base brain and replace the old one.

      Mar & Varvara

      On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Steve Conklin <steve@...> wrote:

      Mar,

      This is fantastic! I've been hoping someone would take this step.

      Can I help? Do you need someone to do board layout and such?

      Steve

      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Mar Canet <mar.canet@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      Yesterday, hackaday featured the project that we have been working on for some months: http://knitic.com . Our idea is to have an open hardware knitting machine base on brother knitting machine design.

      It is still not 100% usable, we are in testing period but hopefully soon there with a new brain 100% open hardware and software.

      Happy to listen your feedbacks.

      Mar Canet

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic