192Fwd: [kminternals] KH-950i - interfacing - Anyone?

  • Kevin Blain
    Apr 5, 2012
      Cool, thanks.

      Yeah, I'd clearly missed that, but deduced it from what I saw.

      When we try to knit the pattern we create, we get a blank pattern out. I think the 950i stores everything in a slightly different format to the 930, so I guess I'm testing the water here to find out if I'm going over new ground... If so I'll dive in!

      How many nn.dat files do you get, and how many file-nn.dat flies? We're getting file-01.dat through 16 or 'track1' from the machine, 17-32 for track2 and 00.dat to 31.dat as track 1 and 32.dat through 63.dat as track 2, but we also get 64.dat through 79.dat

      The latter group seem blank, but those in file-16.dat seem to contain 0x06e0 to 0x07ff data containing the machine setup data - though with differences to Steve's document.

      Worth me detailing it then?

      Kevin

      On 5 Apr 2012, at 20:47, Becky Stern <becky.stern@...> wrote:

      Hi Kevin,

      I can't help with 950-specific info, but the "file-01.dat" thing is documented in the tutorial on adafruit:

      http://ladyada.net/learn/electroknit/backup.html (last part) &
      http://ladyada.net/learn/electroknit/dumppatt.html

      It's a file that contains all the patterns, and it's made by the emulator, not the knitting machine. Hope that helps a little!

      Becky

      On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Kevin <k.blain@...> wrote:

      Hi

      Let me introduce myself briefly, I'm an embedded electronic engineer by trade, with a girlfriend who has a knitting passion and now a KH950i.

      So I've been playing with the excellent work by Becky, Steve, John, and others to try and get the thing to talk to me.

      Where I'm at:

      Reading and Writing disk images to the laptop seems to be going without much pain, the PDDemulate python script seems to do its job just fine.

      Has anyone actually got it working properly with the 950i?

      So far, there seems to be differences in the file contents to what I've been reading on the net, which is mostly 930 based information.

      For example, the stucture of the 00.dat file looks like it follows the structure mentioned here: https://github.com/adafruit/knitting_machine/blob/master/docs/file-data.txt#L324 but moving on through the doc, where it looks at addresses 0x06e0 onwards, I don't see this, tough I see similar data in the 63.dat file

      I also note that as well as having 00.dat and 01.dat, the contents of the two together appear in file-01.dat - this doesn't seem to be documented anywhere, is this unique to the 950i or has this info just missed documenting up till now?

      Kevin

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic