151Re: [kminternals] External Drive emulation software

    Jul 16, 2009
      On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Steve Conklin<steve@...> wrote:

      > John, I started with your notes about the location of the pattern in memory,
      > but have mostly been finding the locations of the memos, settings for
      > motifs, starting needle positions, and where the variation selections are
      > stored. I have some ambiguities to sort out before I publish anything,
      > but I should have something fairly soon.

      Yeah I worked on it a while back, and got distracted. Let me know if I
      can help with anything.

      > I'm writing a file dumper in C as I go that contains a struct defining
      > what I have found. I'll publish that as well.

      Awesome.

      Is Python not good for this too? I'm a Perl (and C) programmer and
      pack/unpack are great tools for dealing with binary data in Perl. I
      don't know what's available in Python but I would hope something
      similar is available.

      Later,