125Re: [kminternals] New to List

    Sep 11, 2007
      On 9/11/07, Maggie <brue@...> wrote:
      > Hi all
      > I am new to the list, would like to know if anyone here has ever
      > used/heard of the 'cartridge' accessory? I have a friend that heard
      > about one, sound like its a floopy drive but converts the brother
      > FB100 format into a windows os via a USB? We think it may be a
      > European product ( Dutch?) but not sure about that.
      > I would love to have more information but dont seem to able to track
      > down any information at all on it. Would be really grateful if
      > someone on this list could point me in the right direction.
      >
      > Kind regards,
      > Maggie

      Are you talking about a pattern computer? These are units that connect
      to a TV. You can load cartridges into it with patterns or design your
      own pattern on screen. It emulates the Brother FB100 "Floppy Disk
      Controller Emulation Mode" sufficiently that you can connect it to the
      KM and load patterns to/from the KM memory. I have a Knitking pattern
      computer.

      They are not usb or windows compatible.

      Software like DesignaKnit basically does the same function as the
      pattern computer.