Our best to NY --Hillary booed

  • andyoch
    Message 1 of 553 , Oct 22, 2001
      ***** DRUDGE REPORT ***** SUN OCT 21, 2001
      20:18:28 ET **<br><br>PUBLIC RELATIONS DEBACLE AFTER SEN.
      HILLARY JEERED AND BOOED BY HEROES <br><br>Senator
      Hillary Clinton's inner circle is furious at MIRAMAX king
      Harvey Weinstein after the<br>former first lady suffered
      through a public relations nightmare during Saturday's
      jeered and booed by thousands gathered at Madison Square
      Garden as she took<br>to the stage -- unannounced -- to
      introduce a movie clip.<br><br>VH1 cameras captured firemen
      and police heroes wildly booing Clinton, who
      attempted to raise<br>her voice above the shouting crowd.
      one New York City police officer just feet<br>from
      the senator. <br><br>Anti-Clinton slurs spread and
      intensified throughout the Garden, with many standing near
      close Clinton friend Harvey Weinstein was visibly
      shaken as he heard the<br>crowd erupt with boos and
      jeers, according to an eyewitness. <br><br>The junior
      senator from New York ending up giving the shortest
      presentation of the evening,<br>clocking in at under 20
      seconds. <br><br>"How could we not know this would be the
      wrong forum for Hillary?!" shouted one
      confidante.<br>"These are cops and firemen who listen to right-wing
      talkradio. They still think she killed<br>Vince Foster, for
      Christ's sake!" <br><br>Clinton herself is not angry at
      Weinstein. "She was really upset by the response because of
      how<br>unexpected it was, there was no way of seeing it coming,"
      says a top source. <br><br>Other New York politicians
      received warmer welcomes during the 5-hour concert which
      featured<br>Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Elton John and others.
      minutes after his wife, worked over scattered<br>boos
      with talk of the rescuers' heroism. <br><br>Following
      the Clintons, James Taylor soothed the heroes with an
      acoustic FIRE AND RAIN. <br><br>The concert raised
      millions of dollars for September 11 relief efforts.
      Incorrect Cafe
    • soldiergirl_98_98
      Message 553 of 553 , Mar 22, 2002
        I agree; its the advertisements. Every post starts with an ad and
        a "click to continue" link. I miss the old format.