RE: [K-Logs] Some thoughts on k-logs

  • Doug Kaye
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2001
      >From Phil and Bill's comments, I think I didn't express myself well. I'm a
      huge fan of K-Logs--don't get me wrong. But I like them because they're so
      easy to use. Got an idea? Post it. See something interesting? Blog it. Throw
      in a link or a source, and maybe add a category or two.

      But if the system requires me to fill in a half-dozen metadata fields, it
      becomes a chore, and it starts to look like old-school KM. As the tool
      shifts from fun to obligation, you get into that world where some Chief
      Knowledge Officer has to provide incentives. That's a clue that something is
      wrong. K-Logs need to be as simple and elegant as today's weblogs, not
      something complex like Bugzilla, so in my mind K-Logs aren't a replacement
      for these other tools.

      ...doug

      Doug Kaye
      doug@...