Re: [K-Logs] Peter Drucker and the Knowledge Society

  • John Robb
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2001
      Sorry. Here is the link:

      http://www.economist.com/surveys/displaystory.cfm?story_id=770819

      I don't know about you but I really like Drucker's analysis and "long view" on business and society. For example, he equates the wealth and status of our current titans of technology (Gates and Ellison for example) to the similar wealth and status enjoyed by the men that created the printing press. He also noted that in thirty years that wealth and status was gone as printing press technology became commonplace and the pace of innovation slowed. How long do Gate's and Ellison have left?

      Sincerely,

      John Robb