Fwd: [K-Logs] Re: Temporary Knowledge Center / Ops Center
Great questions.. Here goes:
* Physical access restricted (we use digital cypher locks on the doors
* We've setup a separate briefing/conference area for leadership
briefings in the event something does occur - it keeps the ops area
* The website is outsourced, but secured and encrypted (it's on the
internet) - only users with proper authorization can post / edit
information - but commenting will be available.
* Some of our confidential internal stuff will be on our intranet only
* Backup is handled by the vendor, I think that's pretty solid, but I
need to confirm (this was handled by our HQ folks and I wasn't involved
in that project)
* The records will stay at least through the end of our contract - but
we'll be keeping our own communication / internal logs and other
documentation for an After-Action Report & lessons learned.
Thanks for the insights --
On Jun 21, 2004, at 10:26 AM, Christina Pikas wrote:
> Bryan -
> This sounds like a great use of k-logs, sorry I can't offer any
> experience. I am wondering, though, how you intend to lock it down
> so only your people can see it. Will it be on an intranet? Will
> users have to log in? Who will have the authority to post to it?
> Comment on it? Are you worried about backing it up if something
> happens? How long will you maintain the records after the event?
> Yahoo! Groups Links