Re: [K-Logs] Categorizing organizational weblogs

  • M. Sean Fosmire
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25, 2004
      Another would be areas-of-practice weblogs - logs devoted to a
      particular topic and area of interest for both lawyer and client.

      ====================================
      M. Sean Fosmire msf@...

      Garan Lucow Miller, P.C.
      Marquette, Michigan
      ====================================

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2004
        We're working on a weblog approach to the provision of a current
        awareness service for primary care health professionals. Should be up
        and running soon. We're using it as a way of extending the reach of a
        quite traditional service (current awareness). We're also hoping that
        librarians throughout the NHS will work together to create a combined
        service - at the moment there are several primary care current awareness
        services, and a singleservice would be more effective and efficient.

        Cheers

        Ben Toth

        Dr Ben Toth
        Head of Knowledge Management
        NHS Information Authority
        Aqueous II
        Birmingham
        B6 5RQ
        07775 993168

> [...]

        http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2004/03/destabilizi
        ng_t.html

        > Mapping Terrorist Networks:

        http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2004/04/mapping_ter
        rori.html

        > The other post is a "journal" entry. This looks like a standard
        > weblog post in that it usually has a few links and contains only a
        > single idea. Here are some examples:

        > Flight delays (power outages at LAX due to birds):

        http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2004/04/journal_fli
        ght_.html

        > Attacks on Systems? (looks at the recent terrorist attack on Iraqi oil
        systems):

        http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2004/04/journal_is_
        this.html

        > I will be working on new ways to present research on a weblog. More

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.
      • Paul Browning
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2004
          --On 25 April 2004 23:02 -0400 "M. Sean Fosmire" <msf@...> wrote:

          > Another would be areas-of-practice weblogs - logs devoted to a
          > particular topic and area of interest for both lawyer and client.

          There's also the ePortfolio angle: a reflective record
          of educational progress maintained by the student and
          annotated by the tutor.

          Another example of a blog just for two people, perhaps?

          Paul

          --
          The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
          E-mail: paul.browning@... URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2004
            Perhaps there's an additional perspective from which weblogs could be
            viewed, that of weblog tools as personal content management systems. When
            thought about in this way the weblog becomes more than just a place to write
            stuff. The tool can link the weblogger and his/her audience to interesting
            data sources in a more personalized way than through generic access points.
            Portalized you might say (would Paul Browning care to comment?). For
            example, virtual learning environments. For me engaging with a VLE is as
            much about managing the data as well as managing the process, particularly
            from the teacher perspective though increasingly so from the student's
            perspective. I have data kept in many different formats in many different
            systems, some of which I use for personal development, research, some for
            teaching, admin, and often the boundaries and unclear. Just as we're now
            familiar with weblog aggregators assembling functional units of other
            people's weblog posts, then so we might think of the more advanced
            weblogging tools as being able to aggregate & assemble and disaggregate &
            reassemble other forms of data. For me the weblogging revolution is just the
            tip of the personal content management revolution iceberg.

            Cheers,

            David.