Re: [K-Logs] Electronic Portfolios for Students (a K-Log?)

  • Jim Armstrong
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2002
      John,

      I'm glad to hear that you and Userland are supporting
      the idea of K-Logging in schools. I have been working
      on this idea for the last year and I have been meaing
      to update you on our progress for a while.

      You can view what I have been working on at
      http://library.inspiredsites.net/stories/

      Once Dave gets the IM and Outlining working it will be
      pretty much complete. We can then dump our Taxonimizer
      output into an outline and publish it with RSS.

      Jim Armstrong
      PlatinumPlatter Media Services

      PS. Another idea I have been working on is eMergency
      Blogs after I did an EarthQuake Emergency Response
      Project for the Red Cross back in 1989. There are some
      threads of that in my library also.

      On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:29:13 -0800 (PST), "John Robb"
      wrote:

      Personally, I think its great that schools are starting
      to do this.  The early establishment of the habit of
      documenting work online is going to be something that
      will pay dividends throughout life.  This is an
      important step on the road to a knowledge sharing
      culture.

      Sincerely,

      John Robb
      http://jrobb.userland.com