blogs, e-commerce and online communities

  • alrasel
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2002
      Hello fellow kloggers,

      This is my first posting to the list and I am very happy for being part of it. These days, I am researching blogs and how they can be deployed successfully for commercial practices (as part of a paper I'm writing on the intersection of online communities with e-commerce and which will be published at First Monday - http://www.firstmonday.org - the peer reviewed academic journal on the Internet)and in so doing I came across this very interesting group that an interviewee who's also a member of the group implicitly suggested that I should join.

      I have a few questions (4 to be exact) that I'm thinking of posting to the group for further discussion and [of course invaluable for my paper] feedback.

      As it is my first posting and I am not yet fully acquainted with the norms of the community, I decided not to post my questions immediately but wait for a couple of days so that if anyone has objections to my posting the questions directly to the group, can say so.

      Will there be no objections, I'll post them to the group in the next two days along with an email address so that if anyone interested in talking or replying to my questions can do so without burdening the entire group, even thought I'd reather see the discussion kicking off in the open.

      Thank you all and happy blogging

      Al Rasel

      P.S. Al Rasel is the pseudonym I use for the last 15 years of my offline life and 8 years of my online life and thus I do not consider my pseudonym to be a fakery, however to avoid any misunderstanding of my purpose my real name is George Dafermos
    • Nic Harvard
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2002
        Seeing as there are a number of new entries, it only seems polite to do an
        intro myself:

        Name: Nic Harvard
        Location: UK
        Occupation: Business analyst (IT)
        Background:
        I first became interested in klogs about 3 months ago, and have been lurking on
        this list for that long. I find the postings generally very interesting, and
        usually extremely well-informed and proffesional.

        My particular area of interest is in using weblogs as a tool to build a
        grassroots level intranet and KM tool, as I am responsible for building my
        companies intranet (rollout: august 2003)

        I seriously want to steer away from traditional centrally published formats.
        Something along the lines of a wiki would be quite cute, i think.

        =====

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com