Secure K-Logging

  • John Robb
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2002
      There is a TLS (transport layer security) module for Radio and Manila available from Macrobyte. TLS is the follow on to SSL. This makes it very easy to get secure publishing implemented.

      http://tls.macrobyte.net/

      Sincerely,

      John Robb

    • mike dunn
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2002
        very nice john, we've used an ldap in past efforts for more brute force authentication/lookups against an authoritative source (like an hr db)...
        this method looks cleaner...
        i forgot wifi in my previous msg, makes nomadic blogging in enterprise real-time w/out looking for a jack in each meeting room/office...
        knowledge/collaboration/communication simply becomes expected...
        John Robb <jrobb@...> wrote:There is a TLS (transport layer security) module for Radio and Manila available from Macrobyte. TLS is the follow on to SSL. This makes it very easy to get secure publishing implemented.

        http://tls.macrobyte.net/

        Sincerely,

        John Robb

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        thx - mike
        ---
        mike dunn
        mdunn51@...
        ---
        "the meeting on time travel will take place last week."

      • Jevon MacDonald
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2002
          It's important for companies to have entire secure networks to begin with,
          and part of that is having your community server behind the firewall.
          Userland's products provide a great way to accomplish that, but the
          competition (caveat; blogger) is not outdone either.

          -Connect to your VPN
          -Load Radio (or connect to your internal klogging site)
          -Make your entry and upstream over the VPN connection, or just hit submit on
          your webform.

          This will allow you to keep your corporate information flow bootstrapped on
          a secure VPN connection.

          Some people do not take as well to VPN'ing as I have, but my feeling is that
          for a corporation who can implement it: it is the way.

          - Jevon