Revista "Science"

  • Augusto M. Trombetta
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2002
      Hola, gente

      Vean lo que dice nuestro amigo Chomsky en la revista "Science" (la
      dirección electrónioca es <http://www.sciencemag.org>):

      a) el estudio de la facultad del lenguaje es interdisciplinario;
      b) en sentido amplio, la facultad del lenguaje incluye los sistemas
      sensorial-motor, conceptual-intencional y computacional;
      c) en sentido estrecho, la facultad del lenguaje incluye el sistema
      computacional, que resulta característico del ser humano;
      d) la facultad del lenguaje en sentido estrecho pudo evolucionar por
      razones no lingüísticas.

      Si alguien puede llegar al artículo sin pagar por él..., ¡que lo mande!
      :-) Besos y abrazos, mucha suerte en todo y hasta pronto

      AMT

      REVIEW:
      Marc D. Hauser, Noam Chomsky, and W. Tecumseh Fitch
      The Faculty of Language: What Is It, Who Has It, and How Did It Evolve?
      Science, Nov 2002; 298: 1569 - 1579. [Abstract] [Full text] [PDF]

      NEUROSCIENCE:
      The Faculty of Language: What Is It, Who Has It, and How Did It Evolve?

      Marc D. Hauser,1* Noam Chomsky,2 W. Tecumseh Fitch1

      We argue that an understanding of the faculty of language requires
      substantial interdisciplinary cooperation. We suggest how current
      developments in linguistics can be profitably wedded to work in
      evolutionary biology, anthropology, psychology, and neuroscience. We
      submit that a distinction should be made between the faculty of language
      in the broad sense (FLB) and in the narrow sense (FLN). FLB includes a
      sensory-motor system, a conceptual-intentional system, and the
      computational mechanisms for recursion, providing the capacity to
      generate an infinite range of expressions from a finite set of elements.
      We hypothesize that FLN only includes recursion and is the only uniquely
      human component of the faculty of language. We further argue that FLN
      may have evolved for reasons other than language, hence comparative
      studies might look for evidence of such computations outside of the
      domain of communication (for example, number, navigation, and social
      relations).

      1 Department of Psychology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138,
      USA.
      2 Department of Linguistics and Philosophy, Massachusetts Institute of
      Technology, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA.
      * To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail:
      mdhauser@...

      Copyright © 2002 by The American Association for the Advancement of
      Science. All rights reserved.

      Augusto M. Trombetta
      pulvis et umbra sumus
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kleopatra>