The Nomi Song

  • Indyrod
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
      I watched it again last night and of course love it, but I do wish
      Andrew had included more COMPLETE performances. Not even a complete
      performance of "Total Eclipse" from that rock movie. That was
      diappointing but the "Lighting Strikes" performance almost made up for
      it. Does anybody else wish their had been more complete performances
      without all the chatter?
    • Robert Dayton
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
        Yes, it became aggravating, i wanted the talking heads
        to shut up and let nomi perform- tho that was more a
        fault of editing/directing than the heads....
        It was the only serious let down of the doc for me and
        other folks I know.

        --- Indyrod <indyrod@...> wrote:

        > I watched it again last night and of course love it,
        > but I do wish
        > Andrew had included more COMPLETE performances. Not
        > even a complete
        > performance of "Total Eclipse" from that rock movie.
        > That was
        > diappointing but the "Lighting Strikes" performance
        > almost made up for
        > it. Does anybody else wish their had been more
        > complete performances
        > without all the chatter?

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Terry Roethlein
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
          Did you not get the DVD with the full performances as extras?
          Terry

          "Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible; but man's inclination
          to injustice makes democracy necessary." -Reinhold Neibuhr

          >From: Robert Dayton <moustachedpainless@...>
          >To: klausnomiland@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Klaus Nomi land] The Nomi Song
          >Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:53:30 -0800 (PST)
          >
          >Yes, it became aggravating, i wanted the talking heads
          >to shut up and let nomi perform- tho that was more a
          >fault of editing/directing than the heads....
          >It was the only serious let down of the doc for me and
          >other folks I know.
          >
          >--- Indyrod <indyrod@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I watched it again last night and of course love it,
          > > but I do wish
          > > Andrew had included more COMPLETE performances. Not
          > > even a complete
          > > performance of "Total Eclipse" from that rock movie.
          > > That was
          > > diappointing but the "Lighting Strikes" performance
          > > almost made up for
          > > it. Does anybody else wish their had been more
          > > complete performances
          > > without all the chatter?

        • Indyrod
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
            Well yes of course, all the dvds had that. Three songs. Would have
            been nice if all the concert songs had been available without
            disruption. Don't get me wrong, I love the DVD, but I would have
            liked it more with the complete performances of all video available.

            --- In klausnomiland@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Roethlein"
            <dogwoodie@...> wrote:

            > Did you not get the DVD with the full performances as extras?
            > Terry
            >

            > >From: Robert Dayton <moustachedpainless@...>
            > >To: klausnomiland@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: Re: [Klaus Nomi land] The Nomi Song
            > >Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:53:30 -0800 (PST)
            > >
            > >Yes, it became aggravating, i wanted the talking heads
            > >to shut up and let nomi perform- tho that was more a
            > >fault of editing/directing than the heads....
            > >It was the only serious let down of the doc for me and
            > >other folks I know.
            > >
            > >--- Indyrod <indyrod@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > I watched it again last night and of course love it,
            > > > but I do wish
            > > > Andrew had included more COMPLETE performances. Not
            > > > even a complete
            > > > performance of "Total Eclipse" from that rock movie.
            > > > That was
            > > > diappointing but the "Lighting Strikes" performance
            > > > almost made up for
            > > > it. Does anybody else wish their had been more
            > > > complete performances
            > > > without all the chatter?

          • Stan Horab
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 3, 2006
              Me. I agree with you and was likewise disappointed.

              Indyrod <indyrod@...> wrote: I watched it again last night and of course love it, but I do wish
              Andrew had included more COMPLETE performances. Not even a complete
              performance of "Total Eclipse" from that rock movie. That was
              diappointing but the "Lighting Strikes" performance almost made up for
              it. Does anybody else wish their had been more complete performances
              without all the chatter?

              Wedding music Pop music Wedding music cd New pop music Jewish wedding music Wedding music ny

              ---------------------------------

            • medeastrawberry345
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 4 10:24 AM
                --- In klausnomiland@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Wheatley" <wheaties@...>
                wrote:
                > I wondered the same exact thing?

                > I was just curious on why Joey Arias wasn't interviewed at all
                > for "The Nomi Song" anyone know ???
                >
                > I know this is a shot in the dark too ...Anyone know how to get
                their
                > hands on a live video concert of Klaus Nomi ?
                >

                > Any footage I could get of Klaus would be great...
                >

                > Tim

              • celesstn
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 9, 2007
                  My husband and I watched the Nomi song. I watched it two days in a
                  row, cried both times. We felt so bad that Klaus was virtually
                  abandoned at the time he most needed human contact. No one seemed to
                  have any remorse about it. As a hospice volunteer, I have seen how
                  very much it means to dying person to have someone there. Guess thats
                  why I cried . Even my husband said he would have held him. Anyway,
                  great film, really enjoyed it. I'd still love more footage, though.

                  Celeste
                • medea holley

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 10, 2007
                      Celeste,

                      You are so right. My husband died in April (very young) and the
                      people who stuck with us were the most important element of the whole
                      thing. He did not do hospice, he died the day before "in hospital"
                      hospice would have started. When they all talked about not going and
                      seeing him it broke my heart, as well as causing me to lose respect
                      for his "friends". None of them seemed to have a problem sticking
                      around while he was getting more and more famous....Also, the new
                      wave artist guy (have watched the film 10 times and can't remember
                      his name! lol) he really turned me off with the "Klaus wanted to be
                      my boyfriend" comments. they felt untrue and insincere while he was
                      saying them....that line always strikes me as strange.

                      Loving Klaus makes you cool but volunteering for hospice makes you an
                      angel!

                      Angi

                      --- In klausnomiland@yahoogroups.com, "celesstn" <bicyclesophie@...>