[ksurf] LIGHT WIND WHY BOTHER???????

  • Todd Snyder
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2000
      HEY if it's not above 12 why bother???? Find somthing else to do!!!!!

      I wanna know how to gain control at high speeds in high wind above 20
      on such a small board can you keep excellerating or what? It seems I
      reach a speed greater than the board can handle in choppy conditions
      and have to slow down .Will a wake board be better or worse? Hell man
      for pure speed I may have to switch back to windsurfing.......

      I love skipping across the water excellarating unlimitlessly with out
      having to worry about bouncing off a piece of chop and losing my rail.
      Maybe the four line naish will help in its ability to depower in those
      critical situations and still maintain the speed with out becoming over
      powered.

      Hey don't get me wrong I love to fly but also love the senssation of
      gliding faster and faster effortlessly in control.

      I hate scrubbing speed by digging harder or pointing farther down wind
      for those few seconds to regain control.......

      Sense nobody answers my post anyways how cares right........... Not!!!
      where are those experts from hawaii .
    • Ted
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2000
        Ya I agree Todd, light wind is kind of a drag. I find wind of 10 with
        a big kite and a buggy is pretty cool though. I can run over dogs and
        fast kids, that has to count for something. Plus I can still get my
        kite fix.

        "todd snyder" <boomji-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=9927

        > HEY if it's not above 12 why bother???? Find somthing else to do!!!!!
        >
        > I wanna know how to gain control at high speeds in high wind above 20
        > on such a small board can you keep excellerating or what? It seems I
        > reach a speed greater than the board can handle in choppy conditions
        > and have to slow down .Will a wake board be better or worse? Hell man
        > for pure speed I may have to switch back to windsurfing.......
        >
        > I love skipping across the water excellarating unlimitlessly with out
        > having to worry about bouncing off a piece of chop and losing my rail.
        > Maybe the four line naish will help in its ability to depower in those
        > critical situations and still maintain the speed with out becoming
        over
        > powered.
        >
        > Hey don't get me wrong I love to fly but also love the senssation of
        > gliding faster and faster effortlessly in control.
        >
        > I hate scrubbing speed by digging harder or pointing farther down wind
        > for those few seconds to regain control.......
        >
        > Sense nobody answers my post anyways how cares right........... Not!!!
        > where are those experts from hawaii .

      • sara
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2000
          why not