[ksurf] 4th cabo verde report

  • Stefano Rosso
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2000
      i can remmember what i mentioned last but i think it was the beginning
      of the freestyle contest

      anyway to make a long story short the final was with Franz Olry and
      Christopher tasti - both on wipikas and very similar boards. a mix of a
      wakeboard and a surfboard ... 1 hand floaty double loops were the call
      of the day and Olry's smooth style eventually won

      Jason furness (flexifoil) also put on a good show - using also the new
      flexifoil water kite - still a prototype - i havent tried it yet but i
      will
      Malik of FONE with a tiny wakeboard also had some nice moves but the
      smoothest style is definitely Christophe Roussin. very smooth
      transitions on what seems to be a normal surfboard with 2 straps. which
      he sails swith stance with incredible ease.

      I tries the DA vinci in STRONG and SUPER gusty winds - the sheeting in
      and out made it all controllable and i could launch some big floaty
      jumps - the system tooke me 5-10 minutes to get used to but then it was
      very easy - i sailed without a harness for more than half an hour. i
      did not get fully used to always being connected to the top lines and
      have told them that they could work on that. The davinci guy told me
      there is a lot of innovation on the way

      For now this is it... we wait for waves as the day was the flattest
      yet. A tube challenge is hard to have in 2 foot surf

      Ciao
      Stefano