[ksurf] Re: 2nd Report of Cabo Verde Contest

  • James Stubberfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2000
      Please can you use returns after a screens-width of text because
      my e-mail system chops off the ends of your report.
      Thanks alot,
      James

      From: stefano.rosso@...
      Date sent: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:23:35 -0500 (EST)
      To: kitesurf@egroups.com
      Send reply to: kitesurf@egroups.com
      Subject: [ksurf] 2nd Report of Cabo Verde Contest

      Today was the 3rd day of the contest and the wind is still light. there are three events - waveriding, freestyle, and the Tube challenge. TOday was waveriding.
      By the afternoon we started to try some heats (I think they were ALL canceled)

      by light i mean that a 7m foil or an 11m naish ar5 was not enough and there were 3m+wvaes (measured on the face) crashing on rocks 10 meters or less away - not a good place to be underpowered

      people were jsut going out to test out the place. The first person to crash out big was franz olry lost his board leash and broke a line so he got washed up on the rocks with this 11 meter AR 3.3 - another same kite was trashed by Christo Tasti on the break out to the left of the point. Not much
      of an impressive day ... we need to wait for the winds to pick up seriously. Roussaini (sp?) was impressive by staying upwind with an 8.5 wipika (underpowered) and was always in the judging zone right next to the wave peak.

      many people were walking back a long way up the beach due to the winds that are almost directly offshore - this also makes the wave riding very tough as you tend to get blown off the lip. none of the wipika guys 4 line their kites which i think is what it takes to cut back into the wave

      manu bertin is here with his 11.5m AR5 Naish kite (not riding wipika anymore apparently) he still has all white kites with Sector BNo limits all over it

      talk to you guys when the wind picks up

      Stefano

      PS its not necessary anymore to send me an email if you enjoyed this

      Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
      Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
      no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
      credit you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
      http://click.egroups.com/1/913/2/_/19/_/949004620/

      -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=kitesurf&m=1