[ksurf] Re: Mosquito pro report

  • Dr. Stan Schiller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2000
      The mosquito pro 5.5 is an awesome &*^%%!*!#**## kite...That kite has
      such excellent water relaunchability, I am very impressed..You can hit
      the brakes any time, lay it down in the water, as long as you want, then
      relaunch at will...the air bladders keep it floating so nicely, and THEY
      KEEP THE FOIL SHAPED NICELY FOR INSTANT RELAUNCHABILITY...I Am guessing
      but I think the air bladders actually assist the foil, BY HELPING IT
      RETAIN ITS SHAPE TO SOME DEGREE, AND ESPECIALLY while you are inflating
      the kite during the initial launch...This KITE INFLATES VERY QUICKLY
      WHEN IT IS FIRST LAUNCHED. ITS a great concept ie.. the air bags
      combined with powerful ram-air kite.....
      THE POWER OF THE MP 5.5 IS REALLY GREAT BUT I have only used it in very
      light wind, less than 8 knots!!!!!!!
      The window of this kite is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!It never luffs and falls
      even when it overflys at neutral IN 5 KNOTS...
      MORE REPORTS AS SOON AS WE GET 10- 12 KNOTS
      STAN