[ksurf] Kitesurf and Buggy Assult

  • David Trewern
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2000
      I just got back from the Kitesurf and Buggy Assult in Newcastle,
      Australia.

      The event was a huge success - we had some great conditions, and Lach
      Dude and co. did a great job organising the whole thing.

      From an intermediate sailors point of view - it was just amazing to be
      there kitesurfing with pros like Kane Hartill. That guy is amazing.

      Guys were ripping with foils of all kinds, inflatables, C-Quads - it
      didn't really matter at the end of the day - horses for courses.

      I definately now have a much better appreciation of the different kites
      available.

      On one afternoon, 7 of the guys did a 35km run across a huge bay. They
      were along way out to sea for most of the run, and Kane was using his
      C-Quad. I definately need a relaunchable kite - but obviously, guys
      like Kane don't.

      I probrably learn't much more in the last 5 days that in the last 5
      weeks - it was a great event to be at. The pros had some great
      opportunities to rip in the waves, and wind upto 30 knots.

      Thanks to the guys who organised the event! See you next year.

      David T