[ksurf] Re: No Subject

  • Pierce Nichols
    Message 1 of 207 , Dec 1, 1998
      On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Mulder B.E. (Ben) wrote:

      > Bruno, you say that a 4 lined Wipika has better upwind ability than
      > a 2 lined Wipika but I don't think that is correct. More lines is more drag.
      > If you compare a 4 lined Wipika with a 2 lined Wipika with the same length
      > of lines I think that the 2 lined must have better upwind ability. I agree
      > about the turning and depowering though.

      I suspect that Bruno's comments are right, as he is the designer
      of the Wipika :). A four-line kite has, in general, better real upwind
      performance than a two-line kite of similar size and design because it is
      easier to control at the edge, and can therefore be flown closer to the
      edge, giving better real (as opposed to theoretical) performance.

      -p

      "There are four boxes that are used in the defense of liberty.
      Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Ammo. Use in that order."

      -Anon

    • roberto
      Message 207 of 207 , Mar 30, 2000
        hi,
        i'm from south italy, Bari...is there any kitesurfer?
        i hope yes