[ksurf] Re: No Subject

  • Mulder B.E. (Ben)
    Message 1 of 207 , Dec 1, 1998
      Bruno, you say that a 4 lined Wipika has better upwind ability than
      a 2 lined Wipika but I don't think that is correct. More lines is more drag.
      If you compare a 4 lined Wipika with a 2 lined Wipika with the same length
      of lines I think that the 2 lined must have better upwind ability. I agree
      about the turning and depowering though.
      Everybody tends to say that longer lines give the kite more power
      but that is not true. You cannot give a kite more power. Longer lines give a
      kite more momentum. The kite has to fly a longer distance with long lines
      and stays therefor longer in the powerzone. Also the windwindow diminishes a
      little because of more drag of the longer lines. With that smaller
      windwindow the kite is further from the edge therefor tilts more to the
      wind, catching more wind and giving it a sense of more power in the corners
      but in fact just performs less.
      Four lines kites are mostly flown with shorter lines than two lined
      kites just to overcome this situation. If you compare two and four lines you
      must be fair and compare with the same length.

      >Other subject : for the people which want to increase the
      efficiency of their
      >Wipika, modify it as a 4 line kite ! The difference is big : much
      more faster
      >to turn, better upwind ability and possibility to depower a lot
      more than
      >with a parakite.
      >In buggy races, there is a french pilot which performs against the
      best
      >parakites (he won the Transaquitaine raid and finish second of one
      of the 3
      >national events this year).
      >You can find more details about how to proceed in the Products page
      of our
      >web site (www.wipika.com)

      >Best winds
      >Bruno

    • roberto
      Message 207 of 207 , Mar 30 9:36 AM
        hi,
        i'm from south italy, Bari...is there any kitesurfer?
        i hope yes