[kitesurf] keep up the good work

  • Martin Rothwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 1998
      Hi Guys!

      Great to see there are some good discussions going on here. I live in
      the UK (Devon) and have just returned from a week in France at the
      Laurent Ness School of Flysurf. Wow, what an excellant trip. really good
      to establish where we were going wrong and what we need to do to put it
      all right. This kitesurfing is harder than it looks but great fun and a
      real challenge. Anyone who gets the chance to go to France should jump
      at it as we found the course a real help. You need to take a
      supercharged car to keep up with Laurent who drives the fastest little
      van I have ever seen (he is mad) - Only a joke Laurent :O)

      Judging by the mailbox full of messages I have just finished reading
      there are lot's of good ideas out there and we should all work together
      for the benefit of the sport. It's too new to argue amongst ourselves
      about which system is better. In five years time we will all be looking
      back and probably be saying "did we really fly those crappy old kites?"
      Just look at how other similar sports have progressed since they began
      and the developments that helped them grow! I have never tried the
      Kiteski system (would love to try it out of interest) so won't comment
      on whether it is better/worse.

      The WIPIKA is the first traction type kite I have flown and quite
      adequate for now although I can't see how it relaunches in three metre
      waves, I crashed mine into a lake at great speed last week and it wasn't
      going anywhere so I had to drag it back to the waters edge and start
      again :O( - Why is Laurent Ness NOT in the WIPIKA team Bruno?

      What's all this about the Worlds then? Where are they? When are they?
      Who is involved? I need some answers!!!!!

      Anyway, after a week off I don't want to be at work but better do some
      so I can pay for the next trip. Off to Cornwall (very popular spot for
      windsurfing and wavesailing) this weekend to fly again...........let's
      all pray for wind and a safe return!

      Keep up the good work everyone

      Martin
      martin@...