[ksurf] Re: Recommendations

  • srosso@bunge.com.br
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 1998
      You are very wrong, Stefano,
      === Lets not misunderstand what I said....

      I think criticism of equipment is ok... as long as its constructive and we
      keep the right language. Remember that there are 30-40 different
      nationalities on this list and that each one accepts different things and
      reacts differently.

      Here is an example: The first impression I got from your first sentence
      (above) is that you where trying to criticize me in a non constructive
      manner. Then I remembered that some cultures are more likely to make
      comments that might appear aggressive or confrontational than others. So I
      tried to read your message for its constructive criticism to my message . I
      then realised maybe I was not clear enough.

      What is important is language used. "That kite sucks" is not constructive
      in some cultures. Instead you should try to say why its performance is not
      the best straight off... and the main point is that producers should not
      slam others equipment - let the users be constructive

      I dont think we need to focus on this issue any more, we all can be
      sensible- but please be aware that you are in a global community.

      === Everyone is entitled to their opinion, right, wrong or indifferent.

      Sure, but isnt it wiser and more friendly to be nicer about it ? For a US
      example - you have the right to burn the flag but lets avoid doing it at
      the United Nations, not everybody will understand.

      Lets go back to talking about kitesurfing !!