[ksurf] Re: best kite out there?

  • Todd Snyder
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2000
      The z4   It ROCKs!!! YEAH BABY YEAH............ FEEL THE POWER!!!!!!!

      neptune@... wrote:

      Concept Air EX'S for land/ice/snow use

      Concept Air EX'S Wave for water

      Richard L.
      neptune@...

      At 12:05 PM 1/1/00 -0800, you wrote:
      >i hope i'm not upsetting anyone with such a lame ass Q, but i really
      >would like to know.   i'm looking for a kite for snow boarding. i live
      >in the flats of saskatchewan,canada. it is always windy, tons of
      >snow,and miles of land with no fences etc. everyone bitches about it,
      >but just laugh. went out last year with a c quad 4.2m with a friend
      >from new zealand. he is the guy who broke is leg in a couple of places
      >on a beach moutain board (same kite)He did get some serious air
      >hahahahahahaha.
      >
      >sorry about the rambling. have any of you tried snow boarding? it is
      >totally fucking mental. i couldn't believe the air you can get. we
      >where getting a good four seconds of hang time!!! way overe powered
      >though. no problem going up wind but the big problem is the bridles
      >suck big time. you its howling out there and you're all stoked about
      >riding and the strings get tangled and shit. sucks big time. then i
      >tried 3 stacked flexifoils. way less hassle than bridles but stacking
      >kite of sucks. also flexi's wont work in the water (i windsurf and want
      >to use same engine for kitesurfing) windsurfing is great but kites get
      >you airborn. i'm many of you know what i mean.
      >
      >so to make a long babbling spew short. what kite do you guys
      >recommend????
      >p.s i hate junk
      >
      >thanks in advance
      >scott degelman
      >aruba@...

      >FreeLotto.com is the only internet site to offer three free chances
      >a day to win $1,000,000.00. We've already had two $1,000,000.00
      >jackpot winners and thousands of other cash prizes.  You could be
      >a $1,000,000.00 winner tonight!
      >http://click.egroups.com/1/445/2/_/19/_/946757112

      >-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=kitesurf&m=1

      FreeLotto.com is the only internet site to offer three free chances
      a day to win $1,000,000.00. We've already had two $1,000,000.00
      jackpot winners and thousands of other cash prizes.  You could be
      a $1,000,000.00 winner tonight!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/445/2/_/19/_/946793012

      -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=kitesurf&m=1

    • reed
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2000
        "scott degelman" <arub-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=8533
        > i hope i'm not upsetting anyone with such a lame ass Q, but i really
        > would like to know. i'm looking for a kite for snow boarding. i live
        > in the flats of saskatchewan,canada. it is always windy, tons of
        > snow,and miles of land with no fences etc. everyone bitches about it,
        > but just laugh. went out last year with a c quad 4.2m with a friend
        > from new zealand. he is the guy who broke is leg in a couple of places
        > on a beach moutain board (same kite)He did get some serious air
        > hahahahahahaha.
        >
        > sorry about the rambling. have any of you tried snow boarding? it is
        > totally fucking mental. i couldn't believe the air you can get. we
        > where getting a good four seconds of hang time!!! way overe powered
        > though. no problem going up wind but the big problem is the bridles
        > suck big time. you its howling out there and you're all stoked about
        > riding and the strings get tangled and shit. sucks big time. then i
        > tried 3 stacked flexifoils. way less hassle than bridles but stacking
        > kite of sucks. also flexi's wont work in the water (i windsurf and
        want
        > to use same engine for kitesurfing) windsurfing is great but kites get
        > you airborn. i'm many of you know what i mean.
        >
        > so to make a long babbling spew short. what kite do you guys
        > recommend????
        > p.s i hate junk
        >
        > thanks in advance
        > scott degelman
        > aruba@...
        > Well, it looks like the c quad is the one with the power with that
        howling wind out on the plains I would go with a smaller kite tho..