[ksurf] Quadrifoil kite impression needed

  • Tzachi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2000
      hi,
      I came accross this kite - Quadrifoil XL

      http://www.gwtw-kites.com/1.quadrifoilxseries.html

      is there someone who surf with it , relauchabillity ?
      what the impression of its performance ?
      its price is some how cheap - whats the catch ?
      thanks
      TZ
    • Ted
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2000
        Hi TZ

        The XL is a very good kite. I also have a 4.9 blade and they are about
        the same. The XL seems to have a bit more power. They are great for
        kitesurfing. The wind range is ~ 15 to 22 knots for a ~180 lb person.
        You'll only drop it on the jumps until you learn how to steer the kite
        during a jump. I think quadfifoil has one of the best constructed
        kites on the market. Very sturdy with reinforced everything.

        The kitesurfer model of the XL adds a bit more security, it has very
        good water re-launch. Both of these kites perform about the same over
        10 knots. I find that below 10 knots the kitesurfer model is a bit
        sluggish.

        So if you just plan to do kitesurfing you may want to spend the few
        extra $$ on the kitesurfer model. If you plan on buggying and flying
        on land alot as well as kitesurfing the regular XL may be the most
        economical choice.

        regards -Ted

        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=8548