[ksurf] Re: Sinking Flexifoil!

  • SIMON LEE
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2000
      Hi Steve

      Just signed up as a memeber of the kitesurf group and saw your message. Have
      just started power kiting over the last 12 months. I have a C-Qaud 3.2 and
      recently a Blade 4.9. Have tried kitesurfing with the C-Quad where i live
      locally in Torbay Devon England UK. I have been trying to get into this but
      have found it difficuilt to start off. I do windsurfing RYA level III and
      snowboarding.

      Anyway i was due to go to Antigua last Nov. but our plane had to turn back
      due to that nasty hurricane of the season passed over the islands. I was
      looking forward to this as i had bought along my Blade the C-Quad is not
      what you call portable. Anyway i was not going to be allowed to clam back
      the cost of the holiday due to act of god but luckly Sunsail would offer an
      alternative date so i will be coming to Antigua around about the 12th Jan.
      now and will be staying at Sunsails dedicated water sports centre at the
      North of the island near St Johns. I will bring my Flexifoil Blade with me
      as i was hoping i could try out some kite surfing at the centre as i am
      manily coming over for the windsurfing and then maybe some break from
      windsurfing using the Laser dingies and some wakeboarding. If there is a
      chance to try out some kitesurfing it would be great. Maybe you can give me
      some advice.

      Oh just to let you know the C-Quad is just! about water lauchable. As long
      as you are standing in shallow water or the wind is stronger enought. I have
      flown the Sky Tiger Kites and i know they are well renowed in the U.K as
      Kite Buggy Engines and also i have seen some beig used for kite Surfing. As
      you know Kite Surfing in the U.K is quite a new dynamic sport but as you
      have heared the Flexifoil Team have made the first Kite Surfing crossing of
      the English Channel ( I know this has been done before by kite sailing many
      years ago ). Anyway i went to Kite Surf Festival up in North Devon and it
      seems most Kite surfers are using Blades ( Jason ) and Big foil kites. one
      person was usind a C-Quad but no Wipikas or Nashes or F Ones. The Blades has
      alot of power and is very user frendly to fly like a Sky Tiger which has
      more power and can turn much quiker with a massive window to fly in as well.

      Hope Some Info has helped

      Simon Lee