[ksurf] best kite out there?

  • scott degelman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2000
      i hope i'm not upsetting anyone with such a lame ass Q, but i really
      would like to know. i'm looking for a kite for snow boarding. i live
      in the flats of saskatchewan,canada. it is always windy, tons of
      snow,and miles of land with no fences etc. everyone bitches about it,
      but just laugh. went out last year with a c quad 4.2m with a friend
      from new zealand. he is the guy who broke is leg in a couple of places
      on a beach moutain board (same kite)He did get some serious air
      hahahahahahaha.

      sorry about the rambling. have any of you tried snow boarding? it is
      totally fucking mental. i couldn't believe the air you can get. we
      where getting a good four seconds of hang time!!! way overe powered
      though. no problem going up wind but the big problem is the bridles
      suck big time. you its howling out there and you're all stoked about
      riding and the strings get tangled and shit. sucks big time. then i
      tried 3 stacked flexifoils. way less hassle than bridles but stacking
      kite of sucks. also flexi's wont work in the water (i windsurf and want
      to use same engine for kitesurfing) windsurfing is great but kites get
      you airborn. i'm many of you know what i mean.

      so to make a long babbling spew short. what kite do you guys
      recommend????
      p.s i hate junk

      thanks in advance
      scott degelman
      aruba@...
    • neptune@mail.imag.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2000
        Concept Air EX'S for land/ice/snow use

        Concept Air EX'S Wave for water

        Richard L.
        neptune@...

        At 12:05 PM 1/1/00 -0800, you wrote:
        >i hope i'm not upsetting anyone with such a lame ass Q, but i really
        >would like to know. i'm looking for a kite for snow boarding. i live
        >in the flats of saskatchewan,canada. it is always windy, tons of
        >snow,and miles of land with no fences etc. everyone bitches about it,
        >but just laugh. went out last year with a c quad 4.2m with a friend
        >from new zealand. he is the guy who broke is leg in a couple of places
        >on a beach moutain board (same kite)He did get some serious air
        >hahahahahahaha.
        >
        >sorry about the rambling. have any of you tried snow boarding? it is
        >totally fucking mental. i couldn't believe the air you can get. we
        >where getting a good four seconds of hang time!!! way overe powered
        >though. no problem going up wind but the big problem is the bridles
        >suck big time. you its howling out there and you're all stoked about
        >riding and the strings get tangled and shit. sucks big time. then i
        >tried 3 stacked flexifoils. way less hassle than bridles but stacking
        >kite of sucks. also flexi's wont work in the water (i windsurf and want
        >to use same engine for kitesurfing) windsurfing is great but kites get
        >you airborn. i'm many of you know what i mean.
        >
        >so to make a long babbling spew short. what kite do you guys
        >recommend????
        >p.s i hate junk
        >
        >thanks in advance
        >scott degelman
        >aruba@...

        >FreeLotto.com is the only internet site to offer three free chances
        >a day to win $1,000,000.00. We've already had two $1,000,000.00
        >jackpot winners and thousands of other cash prizes. You could be
        >a $1,000,000.00 winner tonight!
        >http://click.egroups.com/1/445/2/_/19/_/946757112

        >-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=kitesurf&m=1

      • Todd Snyder
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2000
          The z4   It ROCKs!!! YEAH BABY YEAH............ FEEL THE POWER!!!!!!!

          neptune@... wrote:

          Concept Air EX'S for land/ice/snow use

          Concept Air EX'S Wave for water

          Richard L.
          neptune@...

          At 12:05 PM 1/1/00 -0800, you wrote:
          >i hope i'm not upsetting anyone with such a lame ass Q, but i really
          >would like to know.   i'm looking for a kite for snow boarding. i live
          >in the flats of saskatchewan,canada. it is always windy, tons of
          >snow,and miles of land with no fences etc. everyone bitches about it,
          >but just laugh. went out last year with a c quad 4.2m with a friend
          >from new zealand. he is the guy who broke is leg in a couple of places
          >on a beach moutain board (same kite)He did get some serious air
          >hahahahahahaha.
          >
          >sorry about the rambling. have any of you tried snow boarding? it is
          >totally fucking mental. i couldn't believe the air you can get. we
          >where getting a good four seconds of hang time!!! way overe powered
          >though. no problem going up wind but the big problem is the bridles
          >suck big time. you its howling out there and you're all stoked about
          >riding and the strings get tangled and shit. sucks big time. then i
          >tried 3 stacked flexifoils. way less hassle than bridles but stacking
          >kite of sucks. also flexi's wont work in the water (i windsurf and want
          >to use same engine for kitesurfing) windsurfing is great but kites get
          >you airborn. i'm many of you know what i mean.
          >
          >so to make a long babbling spew short. what kite do you guys
          >recommend????
          >p.s i hate junk
          >
          >thanks in advance
          >scott degelman
          >aruba@...

          >FreeLotto.com is the only internet site to offer three free chances
          >a day to win $1,000,000.00. We've already had two $1,000,000.00
          >jackpot winners and thousands of other cash prizes.  You could be
          >a $1,000,000.00 winner tonight!
          >http://click.egroups.com/1/445/2/_/19/_/946757112

          >-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=kitesurf&m=1

          FreeLotto.com is the only internet site to offer three free chances
          a day to win $1,000,000.00. We've already had two $1,000,000.00
          jackpot winners and thousands of other cash prizes.  You could be
          a $1,000,000.00 winner tonight!
          http://click.egroups.com/1/445/2/_/19/_/946793012

          -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=kitesurf&m=1

        • reed
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2000
            "scott degelman" <arub-@...> wrote:
            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=8533
            > i hope i'm not upsetting anyone with such a lame ass Q, but i really
            > would like to know. i'm looking for a kite for snow boarding. i live
            > in the flats of saskatchewan,canada. it is always windy, tons of
            > snow,and miles of land with no fences etc. everyone bitches about it,
            > but just laugh. went out last year with a c quad 4.2m with a friend
            > from new zealand. he is the guy who broke is leg in a couple of places
            > on a beach moutain board (same kite)He did get some serious air
            > hahahahahahaha.
            >
            > sorry about the rambling. have any of you tried snow boarding? it is
            > totally fucking mental. i couldn't believe the air you can get. we
            > where getting a good four seconds of hang time!!! way overe powered
            > though. no problem going up wind but the big problem is the bridles
            > suck big time. you its howling out there and you're all stoked about
            > riding and the strings get tangled and shit. sucks big time. then i
            > tried 3 stacked flexifoils. way less hassle than bridles but stacking
            > kite of sucks. also flexi's wont work in the water (i windsurf and
            want
            > to use same engine for kitesurfing) windsurfing is great but kites get
            > you airborn. i'm many of you know what i mean.
            >
            > so to make a long babbling spew short. what kite do you guys
            > recommend????
            > p.s i hate junk
            >
            > thanks in advance
            > scott degelman
            > aruba@...
            > Well, it looks like the c quad is the one with the power with that
            howling wind out on the plains I would go with a smaller kite tho..