[ksurf] Re: Naish Bladder Inflation

  • Stefano Rosso
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2000
      david trewern <davi-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=8512
      > In some parts, the seam had pulled away as much as 5mm, and the
      leading edge bladder is being held together by the threads only. The
      fabric at the seam has lost it's stability. None of the
      > threads have snapped - so the leading edge is still ok, and seems
      strong. I am worried about this getting worse though - or damaging the
      bladder. (You can easily see the bladder through the
      > streched threads at the seams.)

      I first saw this on my wpika 8.5 a long time ago. Bruno Legaignoux
      (designer) told me that some stetch was expected (about 3-4 mm) more
      was not a good thing. If you use some rubber cement it will reinforce
      it and this was his recommendation. I sold the kite so I cannot tell
      how long it lasts but i never had problems.

      With a naish i assume the same holds.
    • Simon Lahiff
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2000
        the naish kites come with a 6 month warranty don't they ??
        let your naish dealer sort it out for you.

        david trewern <davi-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=8512
        > I would be carefull pumping up the kite until you can pump no more....
        > I have always had my kite very firm, but I could have definately
        pumped the kite much further, and my kite is becoming damaged.

        > My Naish Kite is only about 2.5 months old, and I have some rather
        severe stretching happening at the seams.

        > I am now very careful not to pump the kite up too hard. I have been
        learning - so the kite has had some crashes into the water / sand with
        it's leading edge - but I am a bit worried that the
        > seams will get worse, especially since the kite is so new.
        >
        > In some parts, the seam had pulled away as much as 5mm, and the
        leading edge bladder is being held together by the threads only. The
        fabric at the seam has lost it's stability. None of the
        > threads have snapped - so the leading edge is still ok, and seems
        strong. I am worried about this getting worse though - or damaging the
        bladder. (You can easily see the bladder through the
        > streched threads at the seams.)
        >
        > I read a few days ago about using wetsuit neoprene seam glue to fix
        this - where can you get this from? Can you get it in clear or white,
        or dies it just come in black?

        > Other than this problem, I love my Naish Kite... I have come a long
        way with it in only 2 months...