[ksurf] French connection

  • fc
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 1998
      In France I was called that if you want to teach as a profesionnal how
      to use a power kite, on a surf, on a buggy, snow- skis, or on anything
      else , you can have a complete trainning from the FFVL ( French
      Federation for Paraglidding and hangglidding )(FFVL@...) in
      appointment from French Ministery of Sport which delievers a diploma.

      For 1999 the 17 days courses will take place at
      Leucate may 31 to june 6 (Antoine Carretero :
      team-advance-kites@...) for the buggy-teaching, then Carnon
      golfe september 27 to october 03 (Laurent Ness : axelair@...)
      for the fly-surf teaching and the 17,18, 19 december at Clermont-Ferrand
      (cerfvolcan@...) for the snow kite ski.
      How does it work in other countries ?
      Fran├žois

    • Pierce Nichols
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 1998
        On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, fc wrote:

        > In France I was called that if you want to teach as a profesionnal how
        > to use a power kite, on a surf, on a buggy, snow- skis, or on anything
        > else , you can have a complete trainning from the FFVL ( French
        > Federation for Paraglidding and hangglidding )(FFVL@...) in
        > appointment from French Ministery of Sport which delievers a diploma.

        Weird -- what do kites have to do with hanggliding or paragliding?
        And why do you have to go through a gov't ministry to get this
        certification?

        > How does it work in other countries ?

        Well, in the US it's laissez-faire -- all you need is a business
        license, which is a tax thing and requires only a miniscule amount of
        paperwork. You could get away with offering lessons w/o a storefront
        without even that.

        -p

        "There are four boxes that are used in the defense of liberty.
        Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Ammo. Use in that order."

        -Anon