[ksurf] Bridling of Mosquito Pro

  • Antonio Lage
    Message 1 of 50 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi,

      I just got my new Mosquito Pro Ks 7,5
      I didn't fly it yet, but one thing got my attention. It's got cross-bridling!
      Can someone out there explain the advantages of cross-bridling a kite? Is
      it more prone to tangles? This is a 4 line kite, but if I use it with 2
      lines the cross-bridling will make it better/worse?
      The kite came with a 4 line control bar, with handles attached to the ends
      swiveling independently, but no provision for any type of quick release. I
      will try to make one of the many proposed in this list (the one proposed by
      Michel) some time ago. A wrist velcro with 2 lines going each to a brake
      leader line. If I let go of the bar the lines will pull the brake lines
      evenly and, for what I read in this list, this will kill the kite for sure.
      Is that right??

      Thanks for any help,

      Antonio Lage
      http://www.flysurfing.com.br