Glad you are still here & thanks!

  • flkitesurfer
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 6:50 AM
      I had trouble finding my old egroups now yahoogroups account access information. Have it again now and just wanted to stop by and checkout the Kitesurf Group list. Back in the day, this largely was it, the main kitesurfing site worldwide. A number of us actually learned important aspects of kiting in large measure from discussions on here. I was in the second wave or so of kiters, starting in August 1998. I didn't see another kiter for seven months and the one after that in another five months. Two kiter sitings in a year and in fairly crowded SE Florida!

      Today there are numerous websites like fksa.org, kiteforum and dozens more with a good portion perhaps eclipsed by facebook activity. Still, this list was the first and for a long time the only Internet worldwide source of discussion and information on kiting.

      Thanks for that and for keeping the site alive!

      Rick Iossi
      http://fksa.org/
    • aussietim1968
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27 8:37 PM
        Hi Rick,

        still in suspended animation I guess is the best way to describe here and as you say a lot of the earliest history of Kitesurfing on the web. Interesting the ARC yahoo group still carries a bit of traffic but the users here are either out doing it or playing elsewhere.

        cheers

        the custodians & da management :-)

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "flkitesurfer" <flkitesurfer@...> wrote:

        > I had trouble finding my old egroups now yahoogroups account access information. Have it again now and just wanted to stop by and checkout the Kitesurf Group list. Back in the day, this largely was ......... first and for a long time the only Internet worldwide source of discussion and information on kiting.
        >
        > Thanks for that and for keeping the site alive!
        >
        > Rick Iossi
        > http://fksa.org/

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28 9:01 AM
          Hey

          I still monitor the group. Pretty easy to do. Are you guys still
          kiting? I got busy riding horses and haven't kited in about two years.
          Gave my nephew some lessons last summer. He was up and riding first
          day, as we all might have been if we had had the great equipment and
          knowledge that is available today. I would have put in a couple of days
          last summer too if my leading edge bladder hadn't given up. Going to
          Hawaii end of June and plan to catch a day or two at Kite Beach. What
          is the story on rental equipment on Maui?

          Steve
          Carson City, Nevada, USA