Good Trainer Kite

  • mtl_qt
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21 11:54 AM
      I would like to purchase a good trainer kite for kitesurfing. I will take some lessons to learn how to properly control this kite on land, as well as practice on my own. This will not be the kite that I will use once I start taking courses on the water. I would like this trainer kite to have the power to pull me on snow (kite skiing) if possible.

      I'm currently quite interested in the HQ Rush III 350 Pro. My second choice would be the HQ Hydra 350. Can someone recommend me other options, or comment on my current choices? I'm looking for something safe that has similar safety features as the HQ trainer kites and also something in the <$400 price range as I will need another kite for the actualy kitesurfing in the near future.

      Thanks!
    • Javier Morell Coll
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22 12:55 AM
        Of course the choice is yours, but in my opinion the ground training time is
        very short and its no worth buying new equipment for that period. Instead
        use your instructor's equipment and get a decent kite once you go to water.
        Or else you can consider searching second hand market.

        Good luck

        Javier