Novice Question...what about beach tethers?

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2008
      I'm a novice and would like some input on the advisability of tethering
      yourself to something immovable on the beach while learning to fly full-
      sized kites without a "co-pilot".
    • frankbowenmd1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2008
        I think that would be a very very very bad idea...get some lessons and lean the right way....why risk hurting yourself

        From: "Eric" <rhizuli@...>

        Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 14:56:47
        To: <kitesurf@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [ksurf] Novice Question...what about beach tethers?

        I'm a novice and would like some input on the advisability of tethering
        yourself to something immovable on the beach while learning to fly full-
        sized kites without a "co-pilot".

      • oldair42
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2008
          NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, Very bad idea
          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <rhizuli@...> wrote:

          > I'm a novice and would like some input on the advisability of
          tethering
          > yourself to something immovable on the beach while learning to fly
          full-
          > sized kites without a "co-pilot".

        • loco4olas
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 14, 2008
            Nah good idea-if you wanná get ripped in half!