Re: [ksurf] shark phobia

  • Georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2008
      Of course you can! Particularly when your kite breaks or the wind dies
      and you are just swimming. Be safe

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 31, 2008, at 6:20 PM, "miquelor" <miquelor@...> wrote:

      > hey, anyone has had an encounter with a shark while kiting? the area
      > where i kite has tiger sharks, but im not sure if you could be
      > attacked
      > while kiting

    • Gary Brownless
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2008
        Hiya

        If I recall correctly, there was a report about 2Y back regarding a kiter
        who had his board bitten by a great white off Durban (South Africa) during a
        down wind race - he survived with no injuries. If you have seen the video
        clips / foto's taken around Cape Agullas area of Great Whites attacking live
        seals and a dummy seal towed behind a ski-boat - then imagine how attractive
        a nice coloured board must look silhouetted against the surface with nice
        speed curves, or even better those nice yummy legs hanging down whilst body
        dragging towards yr board!!

        Good news is that they generally stay away from aerated water, so stay
        inside the surf zone and avoid drop-offs where they like to lurk waiting for
        the seals returning from feeding inside the surf zone.

        The kiters in Richards Bay, Durban, East London and Muizenburg for sure must
        have some experience with Da Whitey and may have some stories / tips.

        Cheers

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Georgeiw@..." <georgeiw@...> wrote:

          > Of course you can! Particularly when your kite breaks or the wind
          dies
          > and you are just swimming. Be safe
          >

          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Mar 31, 2008, at 6:20 PM, "miquelor" <miquelor@...> wrote:
          >
          > > hey, anyone has had an encounter with a shark while kiting? the
          area
          > > where i kite has tiger sharks, but im not sure if you could be
          > > attacked
          > > while kiting

          This is what can happen kiteboarding whit shark.Follow the link

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nza6d7-8NDc&feature=related
        • The prophet
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 28, 2008
            Hi;

            Does anyone know if you can use a Cabrinha Omega 2007 bar on a Gaatra
            Jekyll 2008 kite? I've got an Omega and have just ordered up a Jekyll
            but prefer the bar on the Omega.

            Kris